Tips for Shopping Prime Day Deals 2019
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission if you purchase something I recommend- at no additional cost to you! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting this blog! Full disclosure here.
Amazon Prime Day is here and…it’s two days now?!
It starts TODAY, July 15th, and the deals will be insane for a full 48 hours!
If you’re like me, you’re probably wondering if the deals are really worth the hype.
Amazon Prime Day is bigger than Black Friday with hundreds of thousands (I think I even heard millions), of items on sale!
So how do you know what’s a great deal and what’s a dud?!
I’m going to help you wade through the chaos and find the best deals to pick up on Prime Day this year.
The “surprise” of what will be on sale is part of the fun, but you can predict a lot of items that will be included, by studying last year’s deals.
Here are my best tips for how to take advantage of the excellent sales on Amazon Prime Day.
Sign Up for Prime!
Remember: You must be an Amazon Prime Member to shop the sales.
It’s easy to sign up, and there are year round money saving benefits to having a prime membership.
If you’re not sure about Amazon Prime, you can start your free trial here.
Shop the sale and take your new benefits for a spin. If you don’t love it, cancel after 30 days.
Plan ahead and Budget for Prime Day Purchases!
Don’t buy a bunch of things that you don’t need, or that are going to send your budget into a tailspin.
Instead, use Prime Day as a money saving way to stock up on birthday and Christmas gifts for the kids.
We got our son’s Amazon Kindle Kid’s Edition for crazy cheap a couple of years ago, and plan to pick another one up this time for our daughter.
Amazon Prime Day is a great way to get deals on items that you plan to purchase or have been saving for, but please don’t go in to debt to shop!
Related: How to Have a Debt Free Christmas
Get Notified About Prime Day Deals
Aside from checking up on recommended deals from bloggers like me, you can turn on personalized notifications in your Amazon App so you don’t miss a single deal!
In the Amazon App head to Settings > Notifications > Turn on “Personalized Notifications”.
You can also “watch” your favorite deals, by tapping on the “watch this deal” button. This will notify you when an item goes on sale.
Snag a “Sneak Peek” in the Amazon App
You can use this super secret hack by searching for “sneak peek” within the Amazon Mobile App. Head here to download the app, and get step by step instructions for how to snag daily previews of the best Prime Day Deals.
More Ways to Save on Prime Day
Remember, you must be an Amazon Prime Member to take advantage of these money saving benefits! You can try Amazon Prime absolutely free for 30 days, and cancel if you don’t love it (but I think you will!)
Download the Mobile App
- If you are a first time Amazon Mobile App user, you can earn a quick 20 bucks!
- You will get an automatic $10 just by signing in to the app for the first time, PLUS another $10 when you make your first in app purchase.
Download Amazon Assistant
- Amazon Assistant helps you compare products and prices as you shop across the web.
- Know you are getting the best price with this money saving hack!
- Get $10 off your first purchase of $50 or more when you use Amazon Assistant.
Load Up an Amazon Gift Card and Get Free Cash
- You can load $100 on to an Amazon Gift Card, and earn a free $10!
- This can only be redeemed if it’s your first time loading up an Amazon gift card.
- If you know you will be spending $100 on Prime Day, make sure you take advantage of this opportunity for free cash.
Shop at Whole Foods
- If you are a Whole Foods shopper, you can get a free $10 to use on Prime Day!
- Shop in store at Whole Foods, or online using Prime Now (anytime between July 3-16), to get your free cash.
You can check out all of the best Prime Day deals here, and keep reading for highlights of some of my favorites!
Best Prime Day Deals 2019 (Check back for updates!)
Browse all the Prime Day Deals and Info here.
- I can’t believe how cheap this Keurig is! I literally just bought the same one a couple weeks ago for way more, and LOVE it.
- I’ve never seen the price so low on this! We will definitely be picking up one of these this year! Our family just cut the cable and switched to Playstation Vue. We need another Firestick for our bedroom TV.
- Prime Day is a great time to stock up on Christmas and Birthday gifts. We scored a Kindle Fire Kid’s Edition for a steal about 2 years ago, and we plan on picking up the pink version for our daughter this time around.
- The Instant Pot is a favorite for basically every mom I know, and you can’t beat the price on Prime Day! The Instant Pot is a great small kitchen hack, because it replaces almost every kitchen appliance. Perfect for busy moms that struggle to meal plan, and get dinner on the table.
- I never thought we would be “Alexa” people, but we love our Echo dot! One of my favorite things to do is play music through the house. The Prime Day price is amazing!
- I might get these adorable tennis shoes for work! They look so cute and comfortable.
- I love this circular griddle for small space living!
- If you’ve been eyeing a Roomba, today might be your day!
- We own this Dyson vacuum, and it really is life changing! I love that it mounts on the wall, and takes up very little space. This is a GREAT price!
- I love to listen to Audiobooks in the car to get my personal development fix in for the day!
- I’ve never seen the Amazon Audible membership this cheap!
- If you love Audiobooks, now is the time to take advantage of this amazing Audible deal.
- This is another crazy good deal that you won’t see often.
- If you love to read ebooks, you can’t beat the super low price of the Kindle Unlimited membership on Prime Day.
Bookmark this page, and keep checking back! I’ll be updating day and night, with the best and most practical deals on July 15th and 16th!